This is the Press Kit for Dragon Bros. It will give you the information related with Space Lizard Studio’s next title. Please contact us if you have any other inquiry.
- Developer: Space Lizard Studio LTD, based in Liverpool, UK.
- Release date: Friday the 16th of September 2016
- DLC Content: free levels, arena mode.
- Platform: Steam PC, Mac and Linux
- Website: http://spacelizardstudio.com/work/dragon-bros/
- Price: $8.99 / £6.99 / 7,99€
- PEGI: expected 7+
- Press Contact: http://spacelizardstudio.com/contact/
- Social: Twitter, Facebook, Youtube, IndieDB
Dragon Bros is a 2D, retro pixel art run and gun game. With its colorful graphics and cute dragons, it is aimed at younger audiences as well as nostalgic players. You can play it alone or with a friend, with a gamepad or on the keyboard. Mac and Linux are also supported. Original soundtrack by Gabriele Caruso.
Four teenage dragons go on an adventure to save their kidnapped mom. The culprits? The mechaliches! They are an evil robotic society who survived the collapse of a technologically advanced alien civilization. On their way, our dragons meet various mega bosses and learn more about their enemies’ goals.
- A smooth and fresh interpretation of classic Run and Gun games,
- Solo or local co-op up to 2 players,
- Tons of enemies to blow up,
- Gorgeous pixel art,
- Lots of weapons with alternatives firing modes,
- Punchy soundtrack with old school tones,
- Far too many explosions,
- Higher difficulty modes for an extra challenge,
- Full controller support,
- 2 players on one keyboard support,
- Hyper responsive controls and non stop action,
- Future updates and free new levels already planned.
SHOOT SHOOT – DIE – SECRET PASSAGE – ROLL – OH NO IT’S A TRAP!
There are a dozen kind of enemies. Some are just shooting at you, other lob at you, some fly around and drop bombs, some have a shield in front of them, some fly and shoot, some are slow but very resistant, some are sniping you, some punch you etc.
Use the map to travel freely through already completed levels and improve your previous high score.
You can collect power ups along the track (machine gun, super laser, naval cannon, heath pack, etc.). Every act of destruction rewards you with scraps (score). Use them to unleash your weapon super powers for a few seconds: bigger bullets, bouncy projectiles, increased range, higher damage, larger splash area, secondary effects, etc!
Early access – footage from September 2016
Greenlight – footage from June 2016
Footage from May 2016
Dragon Bros’ first public testing in Southampton Game Fest
Click to enlarge.
You can try out our demo (download) for free.
Soundtrack and Collector’s edition
The soundtrack is available for $2.99 / £1.99 / 2,99€ as a DLC. It is also part of the collector’s edition. It contains 7 original tracks made especially for the game by Gabriele Caruso.
Key art & Illustrations
Space Lizard Studio LTD logo
Final boss theme
Dragon bros main theme
We founded Space Lizard Studio around April 2015. We are friends and we all come from different backgrounds:
- Lorenzo was an Architect specialized in 3D visualization,
- Gabriele is a Financial reporting analyst (sounds serious!) during the day, but transforms into our Audio Engineer at night,
- Marco used to draw for mobile games, movie covers and whatever needed good artworks and paid good lasagna,
- Guilhem worked on AAA games for a long time (Driveclub, Little big Planet Karting, TDU2, etc) and realized it was much more fun to develop his own studio with friends!
We worked first on a simple game called Yelly Chicken, released in October 2015 on Android, to assess our ability to work together. And it worked! So we designed a very ambitious game called Vampire, Guns & Rock n’ Roll, before realizing we needed more money and tech to develop it. Eventually we designed a leaner version of it and here it is: Dragon Bros!
- Programmer: Guilhem Barloy
- Technical artist: Lorenzo Rizza
- Artist: Marco Zappula
- Audio: Gabriele Caruso
- PR intern: Jérémy Mathé
Why early access?
We want to gain honest feedback from users, and let the players shape development while we work on the final version. We plan to use the early access income to hire extra help and work on the features not yet planned when we budgeted the game.
Approximately how long will this game be in Early Access?
This depends on implementations we will add after receiving players’ feedback. We believe this process will take 5 to 8 months.
How is the full version planned to differ from the Early Access version?
Here is our plan for the early access months to come:
– new levels and worlds first, to extend the content of the game further, then expand the variety of weapons and deepen the storyline.
– we are thinking about adding online leaderboards and an arena mode, but we want to check with players if there is a demand for it,
– we are opened to additional features suggested by the community. We hope you’ll amaze us!
What is the current state of the Early Access version?
We are in late beta mode and the game is more than enjoyable:
– single player or 2 players local co-op modes,
– 9 levels divided in 3 worlds, with a boss and 2 standard levels each.
– various weapons with widely different attacks,
– a nice range of enemies with different abilities,
– a retro style map allowing levels to be replayed,
– 5 difficulty modes from very easy to nightmare,
– punchy chiptune music featuring electric guitars and so on,
– gamepad support, 2 players support on a single keyboard.
– steam cloud saves,
– steam trading cards.
Will the game be priced differently during and after Early Access?
We plan to increase the price when we release the final version. Buying the game in Early Access means you get it for cheaper!
How are you planning on involving the Community in your development process?
We will use the Steam community pages to communicate with users and gather feedback from them. In the meantime, we will update our blog, Facebook and Twitter pages with news about Dragon Bros’ new features.